~ Gallery - Pubs ~
The Junction Inn
The Junction Inn, 1 Abbey Street (26 Louise Street).
The pub was built around the 1880s.
It ceased to be pub by 1991 and was converted into retail premises, including a General Store and the Gornal Fryer chip shop.
So named as it stands on the junction of Louise street and Abbey Street.
The building on the right hand side was used as a function room. now part of the fish & chip shop.
The entrance door as can be seen on the corner has now been blocked up.
Licensees:
1869, Thomas Guest.
John Marsh, age 41. [Census]
1911, Joseph Tomlinson, licensed victualler aged 35. [Census]
1916-1928, Joseph Tomlinson, beer retailer. [Kelly's Trade Directory]
1939, Clara Tomlinson, licensee, b 2nd October 1881, widow. [Register]
1936-1940, Mrs Clara Tomlinson. [Kelly's Trade Directory]
~