~ Gallery - Pubs ~
The Horse and Jockey.
181 [26] Dudley Road, Upper Gornal.
The pub was located opposite the Moden Hill junction with Dudley Road.
It was called the Old Horse and Jockey in the 19th Century.
Early census records show the pub address to be No.26 Dudley Road.
The Horse and Jockey was demolished in 1992, a new housing development 'Stable Court' was built on the site of the pub and car park in 1993.
Licensees:
1835, Joseph Watton. [Pigots Directory]
1842, Joseph Walton [sic], (Old Horse & Jockey). [Pigots Directory]
1850, Edward Williams. [Post Office Directory of Birmingham]
1861, John Collins, (Old Horse & Jockey). [Harrod's Directory]
1865, Joseph Walker. [Jones' Directory]
1868, Joseph Walker. [P.O. Directory]
1877, Benjamin Bagley, also trading as a 'Marine Store Dealer.
1901, Richard Marsh, publican aged 44, No.26 Dudley Road. [Census]
1939, John Millard, Licenced Victualler, b1875, No.26. [Register]
1940, John Millard. [Kellys Directory]
~