~ Other Stuff ~
A Random collection of old pictures and postcards from around Himley.

A spendid 18th Century hall with grounds landscaped by Capability Brown, a moated manor house previously stood on the site.
Himley Hall was bought by the Coal Board from the Earl of Dudley in 1947, in 1966 it was jointly purchased by Wolverhampton and Dudley Council, Dudley bought out Wolverhampton's share in 1988 and it is now in the sole possession of Dudley MBC.
The Hall and grounds are now used for events, as well as a public recreational area.
~
The Lych Gate is dated to 1897.
The present Church was erected in 1764, and is now a grade II listed building, at the time the Church was central to Himley village, however the whole village was moved about a quarter of a mile away when Himley Hall replaced the original medieval moated manor house in 1740.
~
Three attractive picture postcard scenes from Baggeridge Woods, showing this was once a popular beauty spot before the mining activity.
~
~
~